And the award goes to . . . ME!!
I am blown away.
This is gonna be a longer post than usual . . .
To answer Love Long and Prosper’s questions:
1. If you could describe your blog in three words, what would they be?
Very random dorkness. 🙂
2. If you have a return ticket to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go, and why?
Rome, Italy. Guess what’s happening in Rome right now that I’m very interested in . . .
3. What is your favourite book, and why?
That’s a tie between Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. This is because I love me some theology and philosophy along with good writing and captivating stories.
4. What is your favourite pancake topping?
5. Do you like Marmite?
Never had it! If I ever get to travel, having new food experiences would be something I’d love.
6. What is your favourite blog post you have ever written?
Probably my very first one, because it got me going.
7. If you had to pick a song that describes you, what would it be, and why?
“Bitch” by Alanis Morissette. 😉
8. Can you speak any other languages, rather than your native language?
I speak Geeklet-ese quite well.
9. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
The originator of the saying, “Eat, drink, and be merry!” Some sources say that it would be St. Luke the Evangelist, some sources claim it would be Shakespeare. I’d enjoy chatting with either of them.
10. If you had to sing karaoke, what song would you sing?
Urg. I have no idea. It would have to be something I know by heart . . . “O Mio Babbino Caro” by Puccini, or Bach and Gounod’s version of the “Ave Maria,” maybe.
11. If you were going to a desert island for a year, what three items would you take, and why?
Lip balm, a swimsuit, and flip-flops. 🙂
And now, to state seven things about myself for Mom and Boys:
1. I have baaaaad allergies, and they are bugging me right now.
2. I generally eat low-carb.
3. I love old-fashioned wind-up music boxes.
4. I hate it when someone chews with their mouth open.
5. I always try to keep fresh flowers on the kitchen table.
6. I’m pretty darn sure duct tape can fix anything.
7. I’m happiest when I’m busy.
Next, to answer Peace, Love, & Great Country Music‘s questions:
What is your favorite day of the week?
Do you prefer a radio or television?
What appliance could you not live without?
Is a laptop an appliance? If not, it would have to be the microwave.
What is your favorite song or cd out right now?
I really like P!nk’s “Just Give Me a Reason” featuring Nate Ruess. The last CD I bought was The Lumineers’ self-titled album, which the Geeklets and I really enjoy.
You are stranded in an elevator. Who would you not want stuck in there with you and why?
I can’t say . . . she might actually read this blog!
Would you rather be a bee or a bird?
Definitely a bird. It’s the feathers.
Do you prefer to rent a movie or go to the movies?
Rent. From Redbox. So cheap!
What is your dream occupation?
To be a writer. Like, for actual money. LOL.
Do you prefer rain or snow?
Snow. We hardly ever get it here.
What is your favorite quote?
” . . . secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.” — Charles Dickens, describing Ebeneezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
If you could do one thing that you knew no one would ever find out about, what would you choose?
Go skinny-dipping with SuperDad. 😉
Last, but not least, I have to pass these awards on to other lucky bloggers. That task will have to wait for another day, though, since I currently have roughly half-a-dozen
incorrigible, hungry urchins Geeklets jumping up and down next to my laptop, demanding food.
So, until another day of blogging, adieu!